The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know anything about a Barnett Kryptonite? I'm getting ready to buy a new crossbow and saw that one at Dick's. I can't seem to find any other info on it except the Dick's site. I know Barnett makes a nice bow and the specs of it are pretty nice but I was hoping to find some reviews of it.
They also have a nice ten point titan ss that I was considering or maybe even a wicked ridge invader. Anyone have any thoughts on those two.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Looking at Barnett's lineup, I would guess the Krypto is a tweaked Ghost 360. Dicks packages are usually a normal Barnett, rebranded for DSG, that has 10 FPS more, and comes as a package. Maybe 1/4 or 1/2 turn on limb bolts for the extra 10 FPS? And a Kryptek paint job?

The Ghost does not have string dampeners, the Krypto does.

·
Registered
20,151 Posts
Barnett does exclusive runs with Dicks. They take an existing crossbow and tweak it a bit for Dicks to sell under a exclusive name.

I own several Barnetts and mine have been trouble free. Their tolerances are not quite up there with some other brands but that is how they can sell some of them for what they do.

If I were putting my money down between the TenPoint and the Barnett I would opt for the TenPoint. You will lose a little performance but speed is not everything. Even the slowest crossbows are faster than most vertical bows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.