The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There "bravo 1 " knife and there "Gameskeeper" knife are pretty cool . Some places are having a hard time keeping them in stock.
A little "bravo 1" history. The marines 1st force recon unit were looking for a "bushcraft" knife, not a fighter, and spent $5,000 of there own money buying numerous different knives from different companies to test. None of these companies knew about the test, it was not a "government" test, just a bunch of the recons looking for the best bushcraft blade. A year later the winner was the ONLY knife that was still in one piece and useable - A Bark river Gameskeeper.
These Marines contacted the owner, Mike Stewart, and requested some changes be made to the Gameskeeper and the result was the Bark river Bravo-1.
U-tube has a few reviews.
(I bought the gameskeeper but the first few places i checked online were sold out)

·
Registered
50 Posts
It takes a little getting used to sharping their blades, but I love bark River Knives. The Woodsman is a great deer knife, I have a Woodsman with yellow micarta handle, with red & black liners, its almost to nice to use.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts