The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this email for my FIL. I haven't checked the validity of it yet, but figured I would post it here.

I am fine with you re-posting it. Thanks for your support.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix , Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision

McMillan produces rifles for our Military Snipers.

McMillian Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona, was contacted by Bank of America and informed that they will no longer be allowed to use their services ( Bank of America ) because they are in the firearms business and support the second amendment.

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/
http://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking (Bank of America) came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business." "That is correct", he says.

I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms-industry friendly?" "You have to do what you must", he said. "So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?" Mr. Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment "right to keep and bear arms" should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position, I cannot, in good Conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products,

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix , Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
http://www.mcmillanusa.com/

·
Registered
779 Posts
Interesting article.
I just looked at my Bass Pro Rewards Visa and the card is issued through Bank of America.

We need to treat these outfits that are anti 2nd Amendment the same way the Harrisburg Outdoors Show producer was shut down.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
That letter has been posted before, some time last year.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I never liked BoFA anyway. They're a terrible bank that charges a fee for everything. Pretty sure they're gonna make their branch buildings air tight that way if you want to go in to do some face to face banking they can charge you a $25 for an oxygen mask and I'm fairly certain their CEO and Board of Directors eat babies. Sorry I kinda lose it about this bank and how horrible they are. When I finally got all my stuff organized I closed out all my accounts with them 5 years ago and the baby eating thing was my reason for leaving. The branch managera friend of my mothers looked at me and said "I'll just check other"

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I am just about to pay off a BofA credit card and thought about writing them a letter as to why I was closing it. Seems a lot of unverified anti-gun talk about B of A. Can anyone clarify if they are indeed anti-gun ? I'd love to write them a letter but would want to be sure....

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Never had much use for BOA after seeing a news report a few years ago that reported BOA was issuing credit cards to illegal aliens.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
hightine said:
Seems a lot of unverified anti-gun talk about B of A. Can anyone clarify if they are indeed anti-gun ? I'd love to write them a letter but would want to be sure....
ANYONE can verify. It makes a better informed YOU when YOU research things yourself. You can answer ALOT of things yourself long before someone here can post an answer for you. Though it is nice to join conversations with like minded people who came to the same conclusion on issues.

That's why there is NO EXCUSE for people to be uninformed on this President. But.....he is the reason why the term "low information voter" was coined!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I found this story to be dated April, 2012. Almost a year ago. Nonetheless, they need to be put in check. The upper echelon in this country is becoming more anti American with each passing day.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Banjoman said:
hightine said:
Seems a lot of unverified anti-gun talk about B of A. Can anyone clarify if they are indeed anti-gun ? I'd love to write them a letter but would want to be sure....
ANYONE can verify. It makes a better informed YOU when YOU research things yourself. You can answer ALOT of things yourself long before someone here can post an answer for you. Though it is nice to join conversations with like minded people who came to the same conclusion on issues.

That's why there is NO EXCUSE for people to be uninformed on this President. But.....he is the reason why the term "low information voter" was coined!
If you have issue with questions on discussion boards, perhaps you should not participate. Thanks for stating such, captain obvious.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
My research has proven this to be true, unfortunately! That's why I closed my Bass Pro Shop credit card awile ago! I'm not sure boa is to intelligent in that they are the issuers of Bass Pro's credit card! Maybe they think Bass Pro only sells fishing rods! Strength in numbers! Defend the constitution of OUR great country! If you decide to close yours! Let them know why! GOD bless the USA!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
big28hunter said:
Strength in numbers! Defend the constitution of OUR great country! If you decide to close yours! Let them know why! GOD bless the USA!
Great post! They're only as strong as we let them be!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
big28hunter said:
My research has proven this to be true, unfortunately! That's why I closed my Bass Pro Shop credit card awile ago! I'm not sure boa is to intelligent in that they are the issuers of Bass Pro's credit card! Maybe they think Bass Pro only sells fishing rods! Strength in numbers! Defend the constitution of OUR great country! If you decide to close yours! Let them know why! GOD bless the USA!
I refuse to enter any Bass Pro Shops after my wife and I went into the one at Myrtle Beach SC and found they serve Dolphin on their menu. As for BOA it seems to be a gray area if they are or not antigun http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp , I still do not use their services.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Are you sure they served Dolphin the marine mammal or was it the dolphin fish?? I never heard of that being they are protected.
Anyway..........I have no use for Bass Pro Shops either.

Dave

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Mahi-Mahi aka Bull Nose Dolphin doesn't look anything like Flipper. It is one of the best tasting fish that swims in the ocean. It's served in seafood restaurants all over the country.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I see where they have it listed as Dolphin in the salads and sandwiches. The main courses list it as:
Dolphin Chardonnay
Baked <span style="text-decoration: underline">mahi mahi </span>topped
with fresh mushrooms and tomatoes
in a California Chardonnay sauce

It's always good to know what your eating.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The point could be made that the anti's will continue to gain ground if we keep demonizing those that support our sport. Does anyone seriously think Bass Pro is supporting the anti gun movement.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You should learn your fish, It is called dolphin on the east coast, the ma hi ma hi came from Hawaii and dorado in Mexico. The mammal dolphin is and has been procted for decades under the marine mmal act and a person would have to be a complete moron to put it on their menue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts