The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along some info to members. My wife and I got a chance to swing down to the Low Country of South Carolina for a hog hunt(I hunted, she swung in the deck hammock chair!). We had a blast! The hogs are truly wild and a challenge, but with guides Bang and Tom Collins I manged to nail a couple. The place was just great from the people to the lodge. They have plenty to do there from a fishing pond to shooting benches to the aforementioned deck areas.
Tom Collins spent a ton of time each day and evening checking cameras to insure I was hunting a spot that best fit the time (morning/evening) and wind directions. He took his job very seriously and you could tell he really wanted me to be successful. These things are truly wild, but Bang has a lot of them. I killed two on a two day hunt and could have shot more. After having it fresh on the grill the last few evenings next time I will!
Super place if you are thinking about a wild hog hunt experience, and they sure have plenty of deer as well. The velvet hunt looks very interesting.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time. What was the cost of your hunt? Accomodations?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only stayed two days-and since I took "the boss" we did our own cooking. I think three days with meals is 795 in July. They have a lodge called "The Ridge" that has sleeping for like 26 hunters and a bunch of bathrooms. That's where we stayed so we could do our own meals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts