The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a bamboo rod about 10 years ago . There is a signature of Jay Harvey on the butt end as well as #130 on it . The only other mark is the name Jefferson above the number . Any of you have an insight as to when this may have been made ? Thanks....Finn

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hi Finn,
According to the info I discovered about this rod, it was made by the Heddon Co. sometime after 1934 and before WWII ended...... They named their rods after the former U.S. Presidents. This was their second highest grade rod that the Edward K. Tryon Co. 817-819 Arch St. Philadelphia, Pa. sold out of their store. The "Jefferson" was the equivalent of a Heddon model #35, which is a pretty nice rod in their line. The #130 is the model number for the Jefferson.

I'm curious: what color/s of thread wrap are on this rod? Does the hook keeper have solid thread wrap under it or is it split? Does it have a letter designation written on the rodshaft also?

Canefly

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hi Finn,
How'd this rod ever turn out for you? Have you ever fished with it yet? Still looking forward to fishing that valley with you 1 of these summers...

Canefly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts