The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A first for me!!!! These are the eagles that are nesting in Hays, PA. My boyfriend sprained his ankle, so was in no condition to hike over to the best viewing area. Instead we sat in the Sandcastle Parking Lot and used my scope to watch them. I also got a few not so great pictures. I will be going back and hiking over to get some better ones as soon as we have another sunny day!! Also will hopefully be going to see the eagles nesting in Harmar, Pa as well!!

The nest!! You can see one of the eagles (the female i think) sitting on the nest. They are believed to be incubating!!

The other eagle perched nearby preening.

Flying up to the nest!!

Beautiful!!!!

Both eagles on the nest

Continued preening

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
That is way cool. They build the most awkward nests. I guess when birds are working with small logs it's hard for them to be neat carpenters. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah we were driving along East Carson Street an our conversation went something like this

Boyfriend: So where is this nest??
Me: I'm not exactly sur... right there!!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Those are great pics. I love seeing bald eagles. Saw two pairs in the past week. Always stop to watch them for a while. Just a privelege to see them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kudu58 said:
Those are great pics. I love seeing bald eagles. Saw two pairs in the past week. Always stop to watch them for a while. Just a privelege to see them.
I completely agree!!! I'm going back to this nest tomorrow, then sunday i'm going to see the one in Harmar!!! I'm super excited and really hoping to get some better pictures!!!

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Yes, eagles are on eggs now and should be hatching in the very near future. Been watching a nest by me. Took some photos the other weekend but was not much going on other than an eagle sitting on a nest. Good stuff there.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went back today with my best friend to show her where the nest is. One eagle was always on the nest, the other flew off for about a half hour and came back with some sticks to add to the nest. It was cool to watch them weave them into the nest!! The gloomy day made for less than ideal lighting, but I got alot closer!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts