The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stand set up on MY property and someone put a salt block about 300 yrds away! This is NOT MY PROPERTY! CAn i legally hunt my stand tomorrow? PLease would a wco chime in !

·
6,466 Posts
if my neighbors property were baited i wouldnt know i dont go on there . you know what i meen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
id hunt it, if you didn't have anything to do with it being there then... you didnt have anything to do with it

·
Registered
79 Posts
id hunt it, if you didn't have anything to do with it being there then... you didnt have anything to do with it

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It would not be legal to hunt 300 yds from that salt block. If it is removed you will have to wait 30 days and remove the dirt underneath if. That really stinks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
john s, not getting smart so please dont take this the wrong way but if you walked up on that situation, and after hearing the story, would you still fine him based on a technicality. Bows take deer at 30 yds, not 300.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Yeah, and what if there's a deer trail that goes past the stand and to the block? You'd have to see the situation and make a determination. It's stinks, but now the poor guy's in a quandry since he knows about it. Call the WCO and show him. Forget about tomorrows hunt, why chance it; it's a long season.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It is your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you have another spot to hunt I would hunt that. But if this is your only spot than I would hunt it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'd remove the salt block and say nothing to anyone about it.if confronted by a wco,do not admit knowing it was there or your busted.you work hard for your property and why let some guy that wants to bait it ruin your day?if you report it,your own property may be shut down for thirty days.

G

·
Padeerhunter71 said:
I have a stand set up on MY property and someone put a salt block about 300 yrds away! This is NOT MY PROPERTY! CAn i legally hunt my stand tomorrow? PLease would a wco chime in !
Why don't you burn the first morning and take the local WCO or deputy to the spot say around 8:00am or wait till the afternoon and show up at 5:30. Pretty likely to catch the guy tomorrow.

·
Registered
998 Posts
John S said:
It would not be legal to hunt 300 yds from that salt block. If it is removed you will have to wait 30 days and remove the dirt underneath if. That really stinks.
Then I guess thequestion is is how far away do you have to be to be legal?? 1/4 mile,mile, what???

·
6,466 Posts
if your neighbor does not bow hunt and wants to ruin your hunting spot all they got to do is put a block out and you cant hunt either. thats a stupid law and a wco that would fine the guy on his own property is a jerk IMHO

·
Registered
79 Posts
Many of them are people who just feel the need for "authority" and they probably would. Just my take on it.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
treetipper, I know of a whole mountian was closed a couple years ago in Cameron county for a camp having bait out. Talk about a lot of TEED OFF camp owners. It is up to the WCO as to how far it is posted as a baited area.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
IMO unless the state where to change the law voiding private property and tresspassing for the purpose of hunting then they have no right to fine or restrict hunting do to what is done on private property. Right across the line or 500 yards in in deep brush it should not effect surrounding properties

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Real good advice guys. Maybe the WCO already had a phone call on it and will follow the deer trail from the block to his stand tomorrow morning! Ya can't just say go hunt there, that makes him, and you guys too for that matter,no better than the guy that put the block there.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts