The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think this has been brought up before but is it considered baiting if a rake a bunch of white oak acorns into a pile transport them to an area that doesn't have acorns and hunt over them? What if I bale up a field of biologic and hunt over the bales?

I'm confused as to what is considered baiting, the actual food source or the act of transporting a food source.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
WHY? WHY? WHY, Would you bale up a field of Biologic and then let the bales set?

You Let the field right the way it is GROWING and let the deer come and eat from it.. it doesn't need baled for them to eat from it!

Acorns.. You rake them up and transport them to another area.. YOUR HUNTING OVER BAIT!!

WHY? WHY? WHY? is it so hard to understand.. shove a seed in the ground or ontop of the ground or a sapling in the ground and let it grow and the animals eat from it, it is all fine and Dandy...but if you go picking from the outcome of the seeds or sapling that was produced and you then place the fruits or what ever on a pile, you just created a Bait site and it is illegal to hunt over!

If you let things NATURALLY grow and produce after you planted them and let the fruits or seeds from it naturally fall here and there, all is Fine and you can hunt over it!

How hard is it to understand?

You take it and make a pile out of it, your illegal..you rake it up and transport it to another area, your illegal...BUT, if you let it naturally fall from where it is growing, You LEGAL!

Is it Really That Hard????

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if you hunt a crab apple thicket on SGL but they're not producing apples this year. can I take the crab apples from my yard and throw them, not pile them, under the SGL trees? I'm just trying to understand the laws.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can do all of the above. I'm sure your local WCO would be happy to stop by after it's done to make sure it is properly position for success.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
gave20 said:
What if you hunt a crab apple thicket on SGL but they're not producing apples this year. can I take the crab apples from my yard and throw them, not pile them, under the SGL trees? I'm just trying to understand the laws.
I would say NO, but I'm not a WCO or DWCO

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No you are not trying to understand the law, you are trolling.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you consider that question trolling, what's your thoughts on the other 90% of the questions asked on this board?

·
Registered
137 Posts
What if I rake the leaves up around a oak tree so when the acorns fall they land in a clear area easy for the deer to eat?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
but why would you want to? you would want the deer to stick around and forage for the acorns.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
gave20 said:
Are You really that Thick?

·
Registered
890 Posts
gave20 said:
if you consider that question trolling, what's your thoughts on the other 90% of the questions asked on this board?
They are just as dumb as that question. And remember the people asking these questions are roaming around the woods with guns. Scary Ahhh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
JTGuy said:
gave20 said:
They are just as dumb as that question. And remember the people asking these questions are roaming around the woods with guns. Scary Ahhh!!!!!!!!!
Some either Read the Comic Book and do not let it Sink in or they look at the Pretty Pictures and could careless about the written words all through the book...and that is what is scarey! I'd say it is 90% who do not read and just look at the pretty pictures the other 5 % read and never let it sink in and the remaining 5% reallky GET what they read and see in the book!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
gave20 said:
This is something you could probably do and get away with. But is is illegal and unethical. Stop trying to get over on laws and just hunt. Its really not that hard to see deer.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I better throw this in before he asks...

IF you have a Pasture that is surrounded by an Electric Fence and there is Cattle and Horses using the pasture Daily and the Farmer has a Mineral/Salt Block in the pasture..

NO, that isn't bait.. it is a Natural Agricultural Practice for the Farm animals to get minerals, same as a Feeder inside that Electric fence enclosed pasture and would not be looked at as a bait station!

IF Farmer cuts a wheat field with a combine and spills some of that wheat while transfering it from the combine to a truck, NO those little piles are not considered Bait...

IF a Farmer cuts a Corn field and some of the ears of corn either get left or happen to fall off the Wagon, NO it is Not considered Baiting!

BUT, if the Farmer goes and cuts down a corn field, wheat field and then takes the corn or wheat to another place on the properety and shoots it out in a pile, not for his animal but for the Wild Critters, then that would be Baiting!

Plant it, let it grow, do not mess with it, THEY WILL COME!

Plant it, let it grow, cut it all up and then place it on piles, It is Baiting...but, they will still come!

Place it they will come and IS Baiting!

Apple Trees, Pear Trees, Plum Trees, Cherry Trees, Peach Tress, Walnut Trees, and so on...if you let them fruits fall naturally from the tree and the critters come and eat what has fallen on the Ground, all is ok!

BUT, if you go and gather all those fruits up and place them on nice little neat piles or transport them to another area..IT IS BAITING!

Same for Seeds on stalks... let them fall naturally and it is not baiting.. cut it down and beat the stalks to get the seeds and then place it in piles or transport to another area, IT IS BAITING!

Run thru fields where there is certain seeds stalks planted and the seeds fall, nothing wrong with it... but, again, if you run thru the field and have a big tarp with you and you gather seeds in it while running thru the field and then dump the seeds someplace, it is baiting!

Do ya get it yet??

I could keep going and going with different Examples but you might want to add a hook below the sinker and some kind of pastury to lure me back in and bite!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Woodywoodduck said:
JTGuy said:
gave20 said:
Some either Read the Comic Book and do not let it Sink in or they look at the Pretty Pictures and could careless about the written words all through the book...and that is what is scarey! I'd say it is 90% who do not read and just look at the pretty pictures the other 5 % read and never let it sink in and the remaining 5% reallky GET what they read and see in the book!
the crossbow ads are what really catch my eye. But we'll save that topic for another day.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
2G-4C-5A said:
What if I rake the leaves up around a oak tree so when the acorns fall they land in a clear area easy for the deer to eat?
i have heard of and seen this tactic used by many successful hunters....it concentrates deer to that area because it is easy food. that's why you would do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts