The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you guys are not going to like this but I can not dime out the 2 possible suspects.I'm sure they are hard working Cops,Their Young and have careers and possibly families

NO Way am I going to Turn them in. Sorry HPAers I'm letting you and myself down

Should have NEVER POSTED This.

We share the same dirt Road. Watershed/ G. Coarse.Going to leave a Note letting them know I know they are baiting and to please stop.

Since they are cops I am sure they will. They do not need the bad publicity. If they don't I will never Know cause I am not going back in there.

Sorry Guys but can't drop the dime

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I hope you follow through with the note, you r in a rough spot and I feel for you. Good luck this season.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I agree with what you are doing. That is a tough spot and a place I would not want to be in. I am sure they will not want the publicity. Good move!!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Give me a break, the fact that you know they are cops is all the more reason for you to call the WCO. If anyone should know the consequences of breaking the law it is a cop, unless they think they are above the law, which is more reason to make the call. What a pathetic cop out. You are right, you should have kept it to yourself.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do feel pathetic but I am confident they will stop the baiting.

BTW I do not fear that they are cops I'm as Clean as they come.They can not mess we me in anyway.

Last year I saw them on my private property and quickly jumped on their S,,,,,They told me they were cops and I said So What?? Did not take any crap from them, I belive I posted the story last Fall

Since then I got to somewhat know them. Enough said

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Re: Baiting on Private Property Part 2..My next mo

Why should a law enforcement officer get special privleges?? I'd turn in a cop, regardless if there career gets damaged or not, they should of thought about that before breaking the law.is that same cop gonna give you a break from a speeding ticket because you have a family?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Its not that they are Cops that I am not dropping the dime.
But a Cop sure has a lot more to loose over baiting then the IT guy from Intel or the machinist at Boeing.

I know it should make no difference but Its not a poaching incident and their ways can be reversed without any fowl

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Going to remove myself from this Thread Cause as John S always says "Just Diggin My Hole Deeper"

Heading down to the Woods Now to hang my message to those Fellas.

Sorry Guys just cant call the law in on them at this point

Going away for awhile

Have a good safe hunting season

·
Banned
26,979 Posts

You should quit while you are behind. I declare you pitiful

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

Why would a police officer loose their job over baiting deer. If addressed by the PGC I believe that the crime is a misdemeanor. Police officers dont loose their job over committing a misdemeanor.

If you find it important enouph to post on the internet then its important enouph to turn them in for baiting deer.

Timber

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

Years ago I would t turn in anyone, but anymore, espcially after Joni g this site, my attitudes changed after reading posts lik these. Now I don't specfically go looking for illegal activity, but if I come across it I'll report it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Tail Whipped said:
BTW I do not fear that they are cops I'm as Clean as they come.They can not mess we me in anyway.
You are delusional. YOU admitted that you were tresspassing to begin with! Defiant tresspass is a misdemeanor. You are just as bad, if not worse, than them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

are you sure they are police officers? Most of the guys I run across in the field and water that claim to be officers aren't....had a guy this year on a local lake doing some pretty stupid stuff on a Seadoo...he claimed he was with the Allegheny County sherrifs office, as if that meant he could do stupid stuff....one of the guys that docks a few docks down IS with the sherriffs office, and he went down to talk to him, and after that discussion, the guy trailered his Seadoo and took off...

·
Super Moderator
4,704 Posts

I can't figure why he mentioned he was trespassing any how.He could have left that part out.Maybe he was confessing.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts

I don't know about that. I have seen police officers do some pretty stupid things violation wise, in hunting season and they couldn't wait to tell me they were police officers.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
John S said:
Give me a break, the fact that you know they are cops is all the more reason for you to call the WCO. If anyone should know the consequences of breaking the law it is a cop, unless they think they are above the law, which is more reason to make the call. What a pathetic cop out. You are right, you should have kept it to yourself.
hate to break it to you John, but you have no idea if they are breaking the law or not. Any good LEO, present or retired, would know that you go into situations trying to find the truth, not go into a situation assuming you already know the answers and outcomes. Going in with mindset actually closes your mind and whatever facts are given to you, you would be predisposed to think they are untruths.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts

Well, we have one person admitting to trespassing.
As far as the other two that you accuse baiting, it's not baiting until they hunt over it. You can put out food/"bait" any time you want. It can even be the day before hunting season! BUT, you better not be hunting anywhere in the area.
Another way to look at it, is maybe the "bait" wasn't for archery season. They could come back 30 days before rifle season and clean every bit of it up. Then, it's not baiting.
BTW, did you look for a camera that was watching the "bait?"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts