The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i called in a baited area i came across what are the chances it gets taken care of? i have a chance to hunt the property but wont go in there because while scouting i came across bait and a treestand right next to it. I just want to know if the situation will be taken care of by the game commission now that i reported it. I was disgusted to come across it. I cant stop thinking about it now specially with the season 4 days away.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
You have to check with your local WCO. I am sure he will be able to give you better advice on whether or not you can legally hunt the property. It might come as a surprised to you that he might have options that you think would automatically be shut down otherwise.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Its turning into a epidemic down here.

My situation got cleared up. Property Manager for the neighboring Golf coarse to my Property made the 2 knuckle heads pick up every single piece of corn. And will not allow them to set Tree stands within 100 yds of the area.

I had a choice call the WCO or Handle it with out the Law due to some circumstances with the baiter's profession I handled it without the WCO.

Not the right way to handle it but it worked out.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You know how to stop an epidemic don't you? You kill the germs, all you did was warn them an antibiotic may be comming.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tail Whipped said:
Its turning into a epidemic down here.
I was in Dick's Sporting Goods the other day and a few customers were buying C'Mere Deer, Corn, Salt Licks and such. Seems like Dick's and Wal Mart are selling alot of baiting products. Can't all be for game cameras.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yeah sure they will, and the moon is made of green cheese.

·
Registered
691 Posts
There is no set distance on how close of far you can hunt from bait. Each case is at the disrcretion if the WCO. If he feels you are using or benefiting from the source you are in trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts