The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The land owner where I hunt provided a bait pile for coyotes.i shot and unfortunately missed last nite.2yotes came in by the pile at 9pm.my question is this,will they come back now that i shot at them and how long would you wait to hunt it again.t

·
Registered
612 Posts
I would say yes. If there is easy food there they will be back. Especially in the winter. And it should not take long.

·
Registered
881 Posts
They dont know you tried to kill them. All they know is a loud noise scared them away from an easy dinner. Wouldnt be suprised if they were back to eat before dawn.

·
Registered
722 Posts
they will be back, and if not i'm sure there are more than 2 coyotes in the area, right now is mating season, and a yote will travel countless distances, plus, the younger yotes are being dispersed from their families and they will travel miles also

·
Registered
927 Posts
You should setup a blind near it, I always wanted to do that like build a small wooden shack type thing with a heater lol.

G

·
0 Posts
Takes three times of human interactions for them not to come back from my limited experiences.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses and encouragement because I'm heartbroken over it and want to go back ! ...........and about the blind.......I was in one ....but no heater haha........ Thinking ill give it a night or two and get back after em. Also... I sat there from 420 to 9 pm ....stir crazy..... (fixated on the bait pile , my mind played tricks on me all night, I saw 47 coyotes in my imagination) lol......but finally at 9 the first one came past me and I didn't see him until right before he went into the pines ....thinking darn.....that was my chance but he came back out of pines and was going to circle the bait when I had him in my scope and shot...........then I turned my kill light only to realize there was a second one at 20 yards..(didn't need lights last night , dusting of snow and brighter skies) ..but had no bullet chambered at that point. Went back today to make sure I really missed .......yupp.......I missed.! Not eating or sleeping since it happened........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't feel bad it happens I got busted last Friday morning by a pair never got a chance to shoot. Sick about it the only person I really told was my wife who could care less figured I 'd get some sympathy here LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts