The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bag packed. At 55#. Probably unpack some and weed some items out tonight. Mainly extra food.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
If you have to be a little heavy in anything, be heavy in food. Your trip is 14 days right? A little extra over that amount of time will be OK.

How many miles are you walking in?

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carrying a weeks worth of food in. Planning on coming out for a break, drive to town, shower, real food LOL.

Colorado

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Right, but how far ahoof are you planning to walk in? 10mi could be a long way if a mouse eats your supper, but not that far to carry a extra 2 lb. Besides, if you get rained out, you can lay back and eat.

·
Registered
982 Posts
If a mouse eats all that food shot it and eat it. it's going to be a big mouse. 55# pretty heavy. Hope you have some dry food. let me know how you make out. I'm heading out to buy mine this weekend or early next week. I'll only be out for 5 days. Going to weigh what I have tonight. Hope to be under 20# w/o food or water.

·
Banned
2,336 Posts
55lbs is a little heavy but for a full week it's not that bad considering you're carrying ALL of your food. No chance to forage any meals? fising? ect.

I'd like to see your pack list and food menu,

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm archery elk hunting too so there is a bow, day pack, binocs, etc etc included in that weight. Hike in, set up base camp, day hike from there.
Sleeping bag on top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts