The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a 25 lb bag of shot going for these days? Last I was home, it was $42, but that was at Gander.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, 25$ a bag is a great price! Yes, I would have loaded the truck!!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
That is a good price. What is Piestrak's address?

BTW what size shot did he have?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
oh- I bought #8 and I did see he had 7.5 also- not sure what else. I will be back up there this Saturday and plan to pick up some more. He always has great prices there.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was in error - I was at Piestraks yesterday and the 7.5, 8 & 9 shot were 29.95 per bag- he had some old #6 for 26.95. Still a good deal though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
At one time many years ago-about 12 or 13 years ago I did a lot of Skeet shooting. We got a good deal on some shot so we all bought a ton each. Then I had a leg injury and stopped shooting Skeet. So I have almost a ton of #8 sitting in the garage on a skid. I think I got about $14 a bag in the shot. Maybe I will keep it for a few years and it will go up some more??

I got a real nice Ponsness Warren 375C for sale if anybody is interested. Tom.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HOGGHEAD said:
I got a real nice Ponsness Warren 375C for sale if anybody is interested. Tom.
That's a single stage, right? I'm in the market for a 12 ga progressive.

And if you ever want that 8-shot moved, just let me know!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
No it is not a single stage. You get a fully reloaded shell with every pull of the lever. I listed it in the Classifieds if you want to see pictures of the press.
'
After I read this post yesterday I called my friends that I shot with last night and told them I had the shot left. They told me they could use it. So it is gone. However I do have some components like a large basket of AA hulls, some primers and some wads left over that I would probably sell with the press if someone wanted the stuff. Tom.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that's a heck of a lot better than the $42 they wanted last time I was at a Gander Mountain!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I believe it was about $49 for a 25 lb bag at Outdoor World yesterday...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts