The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
When I got to camp last time, it was about a week and a half since someone had been there.

I ran water out of the well, it was fairly orange from Iron. I run it into a white bucket so you can see how bad it is. In about a 1/2 hour, the water was clear. The next day, I did that again, just to keep fresh water in the well. Everyday, I generally run the water for about 15 minutes. Keeps the majority of the rust out of the rust filter.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Well.... ya might be right. If that were the case, the flavor wouldn't matter, if enough vodka were consumed. LOL

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
The water in my camp well is rusty. Like others here with a similar problem, if I run it a while, it gets clearer but I still dont drink it. Remarkably a nearby spring provides fantastic drinking water. I use the well for everything else.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
RonM said:
VO was always a camp staple for us..like bread and milk...
If you want to lift your leg a little higher use Jamesons or JW Black.
seriously if you have a good supply flush/ run it for a while and install a filter. Filter MAY cause a pressure drop and MAY require an extra step in draining down for winter.
Smage

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
OMG no. I put a qt of clorox down the well one time, 125 ft well, and had a heck of a time flushing that out.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts