The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few backyard visitors recently and this morning. First, our resident Ring-neck rooster. When I first moved into my home about 5 years ago, we were surrounded by pheasants. It was not out of the ordinary to see 2 to 3 roosters a day and a hen or two. A bout 3 years ago, a new home was built down the road and suddenly the pheasants were gone, except for this old, stubborn bird. I don't see him as often anymore, but he still shows up from time to time.

IMG_0970 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_0976 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

This morning while getting the coffee ready, I looked out the window and had a pleasant surprise. "Mama" and her little ones decided to have breakfast in the backyard. At first they were too close to the house to risk opening the back door, so I had to work the 300mm lens between the deck railing.

IMG_0985 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_0982 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_0984 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_0989 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_0990 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_0991 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

Finally they moved further down the yard and I was able to get out on the deck to get some clearer photos.

IMG_0995 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_1002 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_1019 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_1020 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

I think "Mama" finally had enough and called the youngins over for their morning nap.

IMG_1016 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

IMG_1017 by Jeff Weller, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The first picture was photo shopped. No pheasants in PA. Just kidding. Nice pictures.
Brings back fond memories as a kid at the old family homestead . Always heard the birds in the field across the road . I haven't heard a pheasant in 30 years .

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first picture was photo shopped. No pheasants in PA. Just kidding. Nice pictures.
If I had gotten a picture of what I saw last summer, you would really think I was photoshopping! I had a covey of Bob-white quail haning around the house for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I think they all fell victim to the neighborhood outdoor cats :mad:

Last Friday I had the rooster and a hen (Finally!) run across the road in front of me as I was leaving for work.

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Nice pics!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts