The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a quick easy marinade for these? or a different way to cook them besides on the grill? Thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
your favorite bbq sauce with a little hot sauce. i like mine hot so i add alot of hot sause. and let them sit in it while you have it in the oven.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I like a hot cast iron skillet, a little butter, onions and mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sometimes brush with a little Dales seasoning

Simpler is better

I've also hit backstrap chops with a tenderizer, then did them as texas fried steak (chicken fried steak). just use Paula Dean's recipe

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Venison Backstraps (Marinated overnight in honey,fresh choppedgarlic and teryaki and half of the chilis)
6 chillis (finely chopped)
19 finely chopped sage leaves
peanut butter
fresh spinach
bacon fat

Directions

Marinate backstraps overnight with using half of the chilis . Put the spinach in a pan with the rest of chillis, peanut butter, sage leaves and bacon fat. then put the backstraps in and cook until the meat is browned.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cover them in flour than cook in a mushroom gravy sauce with some fresh mushrooms in the pan as well ummm ummm ummm...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Shame to marinate them I think.
Try tartare !!
I typically heat the grill on super high heat, lift the cover and slap them on for 1 min, flip them over for 1.5 mins and yank them off and serve with salt & pepper.
Cool in the center...tender as all get out!
...best if left whole to keep the surface area to volume ratio - keeps them jucier than cutting up and leave more margin for cooking error...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
cube the entire backstrap. put the meat in tin foil, roll it up on all the ends leaving one side open... fill with italian dressing and half a can of beer. wrap it up tight so you dont lose any juices. grill it or possibly put it in the oven. Ive only put it on the grill on low and let is cook. My favorite way to eat backstraps.. and its quick and easy

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Damageinc said:
Shame to marinate them I think.
Try tartare !!
I typically heat the grill on super high heat, lift the cover and slap them on for 1 min, flip them over for 1.5 mins and yank them off and serve with salt & pepper.
Cool in the center...tender as all get out!
...best if left whole to keep the surface area to volume ratio - keeps them jucier than cutting up and leave more margin for cooking error...
I had to try that this year... Totally raw, chopped with fresh shallots , garlic, and anchovies and all topped with a raw egg yolk. it was GREAT and I didn't die

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
not to start a food war but that basically is whats know as searing, which you can do with any meat and it will help lock the juices in. after that ya wanna cook to a certain internal temp depending on what type of meat your cooking

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
i have ate plenty of strange stuff but as i get older i tend to eat alittle more rationally.

it is still fun though to be talking with someone and reach down and pick a bug or worm up and eat it like its no big deal while talking with a neighbor or someone from work

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I cube mine into 1/2 pieces and let them soak in a mixture of a little fresh orange juice, soy sauce, pepper and a dash of garlic salt for about an hour. Get a cast iron skillet very hot with just a smear of bacon fat in it (you will know if it is hot enough when it smokes)throw the drained meat cubes in and stir once. They are done in a minute or two at most. Then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and freshly ground pepper stir and serve with toothpicks! Great snack first night of deercamp!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I slice them up. Heat some butter in a pan, and toss them in with some peppers and onions. Salt and pepper to taste.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
the best way I have ever had back straps is two ways. number one is get some good smoked pepper bacon along with EVOO salt and pepper. rub down the whole loin with EVOO and then salt and pepper. wrap bacon around loin. cook on the grill on low heat till done to medium rare. the second way involves a cast iron pan. get your pan to the point that your oil is starting to smoke. cut loin into medalions and season with salt and pepper. cut about 3/4 inch thick. drop into oil on one side for a minute and a half and then flip and cook for one more minute. makes a heck of a mess but it is nice and crispy on the outside and then tender as all get out on the inside. wow.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts