The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I’m looking for a decent backpack that isn’t too big, but one I can strap my bow on while climbing. I’m looking to get away from pull up ropes. Thx!!!

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
have you ever think about putting a rifle sling on it ,if it has the necessary hole for one. we have a Tenpoint crossbow that we have a sling on. works well for us. good luck on your search and on your decision

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Look at the Bow Spider if you want hands free. I just saw this thing, they are not cheap for what amounts to some plastic and a small mount on your bow but it sure looked slick. I am thinking of building something like this to allow me to be hands free while climbing, I like it.

https://bowspider.com/

I bought a pack off Natchezss last year I really liked too, the storage on this pack is awesome, the material is a bit noisy but it has carry handles on three sides, molle loops, I just like it, others may opt to spend more. Link to the pack Below

https://www.natchezss.com/natchez-e...tical-back-pack-original-bottomland-camo.html

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can do it with pretty much any pack that has straps across the outside. I climb with a Badlands Pursuit, an older version of the Cabelas Scout Pack (new one doesn't look compatible), and an older version of the Cabelas Bow & Rifle Pack. Bow & Rifle Pack is a little big for the stand, but I still use it if I'm packing in layers. I usually put the bow upside down and run one strap through the strings and under the string guide for vertical support and the lower strap just goes through the string and around the riser for lateral support.

·
Super Moderator
13,340 Posts
Hey like that Natchezss back pack, but for another reason...it actually has zip up pockets on the sides.... a rare thing anymore.....One of things I must have...I don't need a bottle holder or open net pockets. I am also open for alternate methods of carrying a bow hands free and also climbing sticks.....

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
It's impossible to give a good recco on a backpack without some details.

You just want to carry your bow up the tree? I totally agree get a sling.

You looking to get into a western style frame pack? A whole bunch of variables to consider.

You really just want to strap your bow to any old pack? Take any backpack you have to a seamstress and have them sew two horizontal 1" webbing straps into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts