The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to have a gun transfered to a buy today, and the background check system was down. They said they been having problems for days. I know everybody is running out to buy guns now, but could the system be that swamped? or possibly "the man" keeping people from buying ...

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
the "system" was having problems 2 weeks ago at the gun shop I stopped at.
I asked them how it was going & was told it seemed every 3 days there were problems getting through.
not hard core evidence there are problems with the system but comments from a gun shop.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I talked to a good friend of mine today (he works partime in a Delaware gun shop) he said "We are swamped with requests for purchase since mid Nov handguns getting sold and/or backordered at a high rate. System is coming back with a lot of holds /delays and quite a few denys. Sign of the times?
Smage

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The system ALWAYS has problems, but since Friday theyvhave been swamped. Average time just to get into the system (busy signal) has been over 20 minutes. Saturday I hit re-dial for 45 minutes until I got in, then had another 25 minutes on hold until I got an approval.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I waited in line for two hours in the evening on 12/19 to get the background check. We were told that the system was not avaiable as well.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
For those of you purchasers...please be patient. It's out of the salesman's hands at this point. A better option if you just have to have something is to lay it away until the panic situation slows down.

I sure do not look forward to working at the shop tomorrow. :-(

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I went to the sherrif's office yesterday to renew my permit and the sherrif said that he had 31 permit applications by the time I got there at 12:30. They usually do that in 2 months. System was overloaded due to recent events...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts