The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been shooting now for about 3 weeks maybe 30 shafts every other night.I had some real bad taregt panic at the end of last year bow season.I was shooting the tru-ball extreme just could not break out if it.I did purchase during the winter off of e bay the 1998 Stanislawski release has the rope or can be shot with the hook of the D Loop.I can say the target panic is gone my groups excellent.I am shooting at 20 yards and only shoot 3 arrows at a time.I also switched the 5 pin tru-glow to the single HHA 1 pin sight so far so good.I am heading upstate this weeken for a bout 2 weeks going to tag the bow along and see how she shoots out to 40 yards and see if I can use the tape in the kit on the slider.I turned down the bow last winter for storage and up the poundage to 47 lbs to start now another turn at 50 lbs.I will stay with that weight until the late summer and increase it to 53lb and stop at that weight.
I don't paper tune but I do tune the bow with a bare shaft so far at 18 yards same point of impact as shooting 2"vanes and field tips.
Martin saber
400 carbons

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Glad to hear the target panic is gone. Don't get rid of the release though, you never know if the panic will come back.

·
Registered
582 Posts
LONEWOLF5347 said:
I can say the target panic is gone my groups excellent.
Be careful....It's been my experience that you never lose target panic. You just learn to overcome it by being mentally stronger. But congratulations on your new found shooting.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did great this past week end took the bow upstate and with the back tension release did 40 yards with the HHA slider sight.I find the marks were on the money I think it was number#43 on the tape.I did find at the 40 yard marks it was off by about a 1/4" or more like the 45 mark on the tape did excellent at the 40 yd target.
I myseld would not past the 35 yard mark when hunting.I set the bow now at 50 lbs and about Sept: I move it up in weight to 53 lbs more then enough for deer hunting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts