The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally back in the vertical game. Switched to a crossbow about 5 years ago due to some back issues. Really missed shooting a regular bow. So stopped at the shop and shot a few new bows. First time I strayed away from my hoyts walked out with a xpedition mountaineer. Super smooth dead in the hand and no vibration. After about 5 shots it was the one. Two days of shooting and slapping arrows at 40 yards. Still need to build my strength back up but enjoying flinging arrows in the yard again.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you guys about crossbows. I'm grateful that they are legal and kept me in the woods. Plus my dad has got back into archery season. Keeping mine as a backup incase my back acts up again.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome back. I started with a crossbow and then switched to a vertical myself. Its just so much more fun to practice with than the crossbow. I'm glad the crossbow is a legal option to anyone, but just found it wasn't for me. I always felt like the crossbow was a chore and something I HAD to do, not something that I WANTED to do or even necessarily ENJOYED doing. The practice time is much more enjoyable now & I've been thinking recently of taking another step "backwards" and getting into traditional bows. I feel like its something I'd really enjoy doing, but don't even know what I don't know yet lol

·
Super Moderator
12,473 Posts
Still my goal to get back to my vertical bow. Sidelined several years ago due to surgery so I went to a cheap crossbow.....took two bucks, made it back to my vertical bow a couple of more bucks, more surgery back to a crossbow.. two bucks, made it back to the vertical bow...then my wife took a bad fall ending my archery season early last year when I though I was on to a nice one.....hope he is there this year been getting pic. of him for two years now.

I hit the back yard early this spring with my Switchback in hope to be in good shooting form/strength this fall, but a day after getting getting the first spring gobbler and while hunting for the second one I got hit with severe sciatica nerve pain that I am still going to therapy for.....hoping to be able to move some tree stands around by August and hope to start shooting my vertical bow my July and hit the gym again. I truly enjoy archery, but the vertical bow provides me with the greatest enjoyment......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts