The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a lot of time on the water this season and not much in the stubble. Hoping to get at least one good hunt in before focusing on the snows, we set out for some honkers yesterday. We were hoping for some funky weather to start off with but the two storm systems strattled us most of the day. We had a challenging time figuring out what the wise birds wanted to see and hear but we made due. After so much time in the saltwater I think Marley was happy to be on dry land as well...he was in his element all day. The morning started off well and the afternoon ended just the same. The highlight of the day came with a delivery of warm pizza from my buddy Jason's girlfriend. Another of equal excitement was when a flock of 6 birds pitched to our right. Me being on the right side sat up and shot my three shells. Four birds dropped. Marley brought each one back, and one by one, three of the four were banded. Woof. It was a great day spent in the stubble with my brother and two great friends, also known as Jason. I'm thinking there's a benefit to contributing to HPA this season, a lot of us seem to be blessed with a lot of luck. Here's some pics from the day, pretty grainy 'cuz of the fog/snow/sleet/rain.

Wooo lookout!

Here I come!

POW!

Look at me!

Another.

Another:

The heat is on!

Oh no he didn't.

Get back here you!

Every muscle pullin.

On his way

Put me down!

Lovin' life.

Marley has a tree too!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sweet on the bling.. Better play the lottery. Good pics of Marley with the banded goose. Wall Pic!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Great hubt jerk. Must be the greatest feeling to be the luckiest person ever... Jerk
hahahaha love the pictures. That goose out there looks huge!!!! Marley got that!

Bella's gonna be mad yinz hunted her field. She knows cause of the tree jerks!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tell us how you really feel Patricia! Bwahahha.

Thanks for all the kind words, Marley's pretty pooped today, I can tell he'll be 7 in September after hunts lately, but he's still got a lot of years left in him.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.