The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well looks like this year coming up ill be doing some handgun hunting again, for christmas my grandfather gifted me his smith and wesson model 29-2 in 44 mag. ever since i saw this one i wanted it. only thing bad was he put it away in a leather holster dirty for like 30years and she has some tarnish on her. hopefully i can clean it off. planning on starting with some 240gr hornady xtps. i couldnt get my grandfather to smile for the picture just how he is!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
very nice present and gun. it don`t look to badly tarnished in the picture . hoe you can get it cleaned up to where you want it again. good luck with it and enjoy

·
Registered
87 Posts
That’s a really nice gun. You will have lots of fun with that. My 629 likes the Hornady XTP’s, but I use lever evolution now. I hear some advising against them but I don’t shoot many. I have shot a couple deer with each. See what yours loves.

If you are really anxious you could go red tag hunting. That starts in February I think.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Very nice! I love handgun hunting. I can’t see anything on the finish either.

I hunt with several .44 Magnum handguns and 240 XTP has always worked for me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Don't think Iam crazy but the big pink erasers that we had in school as kids takes off most anything from your pistol. Have had one since the early 80s and you couldn't tell how many rounds have been fired no carbon rings or powder marks removes it all like new.

·
Registered
17,216 Posts
i wouldnt worry to much about the tarnish. adds character and will be another reminder of the great man who gave you such a fine handgun. i second the red tag hunt with the handgun. go get a doe and share a meal from it with your grandfather and family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts