The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
One of the greatest crossbow arrows going. Especially the .001

If you can get them spine matched and indexed they will almost shoot one hole if you do your part. Some dealers are beginning to offer this service.

Actually spine matching and indexing can be done to any carbon arrow.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
shuey 270 said:
How do they compare to the Victory arrows? Going to be getting a Tenpoint FX4 soon.
Unless they changed, straightness is .003 which is pretty standard today. I have shot Victory XBolts for years and they have always done good for me. If they are well contructed, with quality components, they are capable of all the accuracy you need for any hunting situation.

With that said, you may get a flyer or two in a dozen shafts that you have to set aside for decocking.

Now, if you want to shoot the best you can shoot, either have the Victorys spine matched and indexed or step up to .001 shafts that are spine matched and indexed.

Is .001 and indexing absolutely necessary? Not at all. In fact, I have some spine matched and indexed BEEs, but I don't always hunt with them. It is just an option depending on what you want to pay and what kind of accuracy you demand.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree. Any shafts that are spine indexed and are of reasonable straightness will shoot good. That's why I mentioned Jerry at South Shore Archery. That what he does. Will never buy box arrows again. It makes that much of a difference.
But he can use different shafts and components.
I was shooting 2 inch groups easily with Jerry's spinal taps which are BEE shafts.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
BEE's are great arrows. As DPMS said you will get the occasional flyer or two out of a dozen arrows with the victorys. I switched from victory to BEE's a few years ago and couldn't be happier with the switch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Jason Zimmerman said:
I agree. Any shafts that are spine indexed and are of reasonable straightness will shoot good. That's why I mentioned Jerry at South Shore Archery. That what he does. Will never buy box arrows again. It makes that much of a difference.
But he can use different shafts and components.
I was shooting 2 inch groups easily with Jerry's spinal taps which are BEE shafts.
2nd this call jerry at south shore archery, get the spinal tapps you will not be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts