The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup Brandy Just opened up, I absolutely love watching a puppy start doing there thing, I put her on one tonight in the yard and she started working really hard and whimpering a little and my heart started pounding I was like oh baby here it comes, worked the line about 15 feet and then she started it up and took off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello to all you beagle hound guys & gals,
I was born & raised on the farm lands / woods of New England (Massachusetts) and my dad, grandfather & uncles always had hounds. When I was about 11 yrs old I started taking care of and running the beagles because my dad,uncle and grandfather (Pepere) (I am Canadian) had jobs. Because of the lower milk / egg prices, my pepere sold off all the cows and most of the chickens and got a manufacturing job. My dad then had to provide for us 4 boys and my mom. He had to work 1 full time job and several part time jobs, so he had not much time to run hounds. During small game season, I use to get out almost every day and dad & pepere use to get out about every other Saturday.
Well in 1974 I joined the Navy as a Seabee and dad did not have time to properly run the hounds so he gave them to someone who could give them the running time they needed.
Well dad passed away at the young age of 52 from asbestos, and I was in the Navy then a civil servant at NASJRB Willow Grove,Pa. 5 years ago I purchased 4 acres of land in Knoxville,Pa (Tioga County). The fact of the matter is that the Navy side of the base is closing on August 31st 2011, so my job is done. I will be retiring on Aug.31,2011 after 37 years with The Dept. of The Navy.
After I retire, I will be moving to Tioga County (back in the woods to hunt & fish like when I was a kid).
Next Aug./ Sept. I'll be looking for a beagle pup with good hunting potential. I'm older now, so I,m not looking for an 8-10 runner. Slow to medium is what I would like.
The beagle I'm looking for will be kept in the house however be run when temperatures/weather permits and will be with me on my boat while I fish... In the winter, he'll (she'll) be my ice fishing partner.
If anyone has any pups scheduled with blood lines that would fit me,
Please contact me.

Thank You,
Roland

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Just gotta love those first little chirps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts