The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got in from setting beaver sets.I just finished my last set when I heard a noise looked over my shoulder and there was the big beaver we've been trying to catch came within 5ft of me and tried climbing up on the ice bank.If he would have turned and headed up steam I had a 330 set 2ft from where he was. It still was cool just to see him and hopefully I'll have a tail floating tomorrow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back from checking the sets he was all over the sets tracks on the bank but never stepped in the traps. Going back to rearrange some of them and maybe double them up.If I was to hang some snares what do you guys use to anchor them? Ground is too hard and rocky for disposables.Would you just put them on drowners?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks trapperpaz. I got to try something beaver never seemed that hard to catch in years before but this one is just trying to torment me.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
trapperpaz thats a great fleshing set up there. how do you like it?

·
Registered
970 Posts
I love my fleshing set up, I have the small beam for the smaller critters and the larger for the big boys

longear said:
i also have a tv set up. mostly just listen.
X2 don't get to watch much but did get to see all the good action of the games last week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts