The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got his big ole gal this eve in 4c and saved myself from getting skunked for the year. the boys and wife had first crack and best stands all season and I have been on the back burner...lol. I had been out on this farm half a doz times through the late season doing short lil drives and had moved deer every time yet they always "went the wrong way". I decided to go out for an eve sit yesterday even though we had blown that area out earlier during one of the drives. the farm isn't that big and is mostly field so 3 drives and about an hr later you might as well go to plan B if you don't have a deer down. this lone gal came down the hedgerow and into the gully about 5 ocklock on her way "back home" I would suspect and I was there to greet her. 60 ish yds...90 gr fff goex in barrel and 245 gr maxi ball out of "Lorenzo" my T/C renegade

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
how far did she run? I came down 2 different times during late season shot a lot of lead and chased them around ....that's a nice doe

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ran about 30 yds but mustve been dead for 29 of those 30...lol...heart was obliterated! did you muzzy hunt back where u hunted elk? that place is a hot spot and SGL to boot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts