The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are snowmobiles allowed on state property and not 4 wheelers???

They have snowmobile trails all throughout the state forest, but NO ATV's allowed????

Why can't you ride your atv on the same trails?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
muss said:

They have snowmobile trails all throughout the state forest, but NO ATV's allowed????

My first impression would be that ATV's are far more prone to damage trails and cause erosion, where as snowmobiles only "damage" the snow. Im glad PA has a "No ATV" policy, otherwise our land would be a giant ATV park.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
muss said:

because some people cant fallow rules and ruin everything for everyone.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
its also because when a snowmobile is out, theres snow on the ground and sparks wont light anything on fire. an atv can be ridin all year, and they worry about sparks out the exhaust starting a fire.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
[/quote]My first impression would be that ATV's are far more prone to damage trails and cause erosion, where as snowmobiles only "damage" the snow. Im glad PA has a "No ATV" policy, otherwise our land would be a giant ATV park. [/quote]

I've seen rocks marked by the front skis on snowmobile trails and litter that came from them but that's it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts