The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Maxxis Bighorns that should be delivered any day. I went with the stock size so I wouldn't have to get new wheels. Does anyone know where I can get the stock tires removed and the bighorns put on? Preferably in southeastern PA. Thanks

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
walmart is probably the cheapest. I think it is 5 bucks a tire.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, the Walmarts around here don't do it apparently. I called the dealer and they told me it would cost $120 to put the tires on and that seems too high. Anyone know of a Walmart in Southeastern PA that installs tires?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Make sure it is a Super Walmart with a tire and lube express. They should do it for $5.00 a tire. Call their 800-walmart customer service number!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I kind of was. I won't buy my next atv there for a couple reasons. They told me it was a 2 hr job but they would only bill me for an hour and a half (at $80 an hour). What a bargain! I could do it in 15 minutes if I had the tools.

Last night I tried to do one myself. I couldn't break the bead on the one side despite running it over with my truck. I might buy a $50 tire changer from harbor freight or see if I can get a auto tire shop to help.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I was going to suggest that. if you got the time and desire just change em yourself. the bead breaker is needed. I used a buddys and had mine changed out in a hour or so.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. FJP, that is a good suggestion for the future. I ended up taking them to a friends who is a mechanic and he had them changed up in 5 minutes. I don't know why I didn't think about a regular auto mechanic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts