The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted earlier a new plot between it and my garden food plot had soil test done as was terrible. Bottom line last evening between the 2 I applied 1500 lbs of material in a little bag spreader I use for my landscaping business to touch up with. Had trouble with strap and my shoulder was ready to say enough but I finished the job. I have a Polaris 500 ranger and need some kind of spreader. I thought about pull kind but my garden and plots are long and narrow. I was thinking of a electric spreader. My one place on power line is a steep sideways slope where it would be a tough turn. Any suggestions for pellet lime, fertilizer, some seeds such as wheat, etc.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I use one of those pull behind tow spreaders from Sears for pellet lime, fert, and winter rye. My plots are long and not steep.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The more I got looking they really seem to make sense. I could make the turn pulling but thought the other would be better. If you look at the prices and read the reviews the 150.00 electric spreader isn't getting it. Seems like anything else you get what you pay for and a good one is around 350.00. Other hand for 150.00 you can pretty well get a BMW pull behind something with metal gears etc.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I've used both. The pull behind or push spreaders work ok if the plot is smooth, otherwise they bounce a lot on rough ground..
I bought a calbelas/moultrie electric ATV spreader a few yrs ago on sale for about 150 which has held up well and works well. Whatever you use make sure you wash them out good when done or they will corrode quickly if damp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts