The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a snow plow to my ATV and I need to get new tires as well. What brand do you like for the added on snow plow and what tires are you having good luck with in snow?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
All tires stink in snow but I would go with Carlisle tires for longevity, they have given me pretty good traction plowing. All plows are pretty much the same so I would go with whoever has the best deal.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Stetam is right. ATV's are light. Any tires with new tread will help but a set of chains makes a lot of difference.

·
Super Moderator
6,065 Posts
I have chains for the rear wheels for 2 of my Suzuki’s. I don’t like to run them on my paved driveways at camp or the house, as they scratch up the blacktop badly. I only use them for running traps in deep snow.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
My King Quad has a Warn plow set up on it. It was dealers choice, and I personally think its great. Stock tires with 4wd did the job without issue.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would suggest a KFI plow, best bang for the buck and 100% USA made. It also has the highest clearance available when off the ground. I used it this past weekend for the first time in 6 inches of snow and it was a beast.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Best thing to do is get a good set of chains. I did few yrs ago for mine and there’s a big difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run an Eagle 60" plow on stock Suzuki tires and never had an issue with traction. My driveway is paved about 150 yards long and works great.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
My King Quad has a Warn plow set up on it. It was dealers choice, and I personally think its great. Stock tires with 4wd did the job without issue.
Same for me. Set of Moose chains on the back and have never not been able to plow.

Reactions: Wainzoid

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
The first thing I do with every 4wheeler is replace the stock tires.It makes a night and day difference.With good tires,the only time you will ever get stuck is if you get saddle bagged and chains won't help in that situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts