The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one Rent ATV's in the central Pa, Carlisle Harrisburg area. I am looking to rent an ATV for the entire Deer hunting season, Archery through Flint Lock for next year.
With a few medical opereations I can't climb the mountains as I use to.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
right outside ephrata on rt 322- heading towards new holland- there is a place on the left right after railroad ave- (theres a red light )-- you can try there-

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Flint...why dont you buy a used one?
Youd probably spend about as much renting one.
Ones I have seen are more to rent for 4 hours than your payments would be on a brand new one.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
not many places rent a quad to ride whereever. it is normally at an aproved trail system that the rental place tells ya to ride at. I know of 234 motorsports that rents quads upstate http://www.234motorsports.com/2-3-4_Motorsports/Rentals.html I would email them directly and ask em what their price would be.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see what you are saying. I checked out 1-2-3 web site. $99 a day is out of the question to rent for the entire seson. I probably could buy a used one.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Used is the way to go. Last year I picked up (2) Kawa's Bayou's for less that 1500. Those are great fun machines for the price. Keep your eye out and you can find some pretty good deals out there.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I agree if you are going to use if for a good bit then buy used. there are alot of deals out there right now. youngs atv south of newville has a lot of used atv's for sale. check with him. you might be able to find an allright deal http://www.youngsatvs.com/ATVS.htm there are a lot he does not put on his website so I would stop in and check also. look at ebay also but make sure you do not get burned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
54flint,

This is David Miles with 2-3-4 Motorsports. We can and do offer special rates if someone is going to rent for extended periods of time. However, I have to agree with the other members that owning your own quad is often times more beneficial and enjoyable since you can take your quad out anytime you want without making prior arrangements. If for some reason (lack of space, lack places to ride, the wife would knife you, etc.) buying a quad isn't feasible and you're still interested in renting, then please give us a call and hopefully we can work something out. Sorry we weren't able to help you earlier in the season and I hope that you were still able to get out to hunt! (we happen to be avid hunters ourselves)

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Mr Miles...Welcome to HPA...hopefully we will see a bit more of you here in the ATV section

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I heard about these guys through snow shoe rails to trails. seen many of their bikes on the trails also up there. probably the best thing next to owning one. rent one for less then a monthly payment. if I would only ride once or twice a year this is a deal.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I knew of a few others that have rented them in the past...did seem like a nice way to ride for a day or 2 if thats all the funds/time allows.

I did feel for the owners of the rentals though...man did some of them come back beat

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
thats what they make insurance for LOL.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I saw 2 brand new....never on the trail quads, come back with broken plastic and looking like they were rode through the Everglades

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
thats a bit extreme there.

the ones I seen on the trail were that greyish black soot that snow shoe has. the mud puddles up there normally turn your machine that color anyhow. that is how ya know ya had a good day of riding

1 - 15 of 15 Posts