The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am looking for someone who has experience with these two plows. First is a Warn plow system with 52" blade, tubes, and a center frame mount. The second option which I am leaning toward right now is the Polaris Glacier System. with 52" plow and the quick attach system. It seems like a better option due to not having to crawl under the Quad to attach. It also seem like I wouln't have to remove the mount in the summer when trail riding. The warn looks like if it hits anything may bend the push tube mounts.
The Glacier System offers a coulpe different systems. The glacier II is heavier than 1 but is also 100 more. I am also concerned with the blade length. I would like to be able to move snow effectively but not get bogged down with too wide a swath. I will be pushing with a Polaris Sportsman 500 with a winch for lifting the plow. Any knowledgable input is appreciated. I know some of this was discussed in a prior thread but it was three pages in and didn't want to jack the thread. Thanks for the info in advance

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
My buddy has the Polaris one and it's built like a tank. I personally have the Warn one and have no problems with it. I do not remove the mounting bracket either and it has never been a problem trail riding or has not gotten damaged either. It take about 2 seconds to hook and unhook it. I have a Honda 450 and you can push all the snow in the world and not have problem with power.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have a Cycle Country which is much like the Warn.I've had no problems with leaving the mounting bracket on year round.
One thing to consider,when the plow is set at an angle,you lose considerable width.
With my 60" plow angled,it barely clears snow beyond my tires.I feel certain my 500 Artic Cat could push a 72" plow.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Agreed with fordman. GET THE 60". Especially where you are at. I plow 18" of snow with now problem with a 60". Usually I wish I had a wider plow when it is powder.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Don't go too wide if you have a sidewalk that you need to plow. I have a 54" (I think - Warn Cyclone) and it barely fits on my sidewalk while turned on an angle.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Also I would put a rope on the end of the winch line so that you don't ruin the winch cable from unspooling and re-spooling the cable... trust me on this one it will get ruined.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
I have a Polaris 330 Magnum with 4x4 with the Glacier system and it is awesome. I only have a 48" plow but with the snow we get I would not want one wider. Some days I cannot get to plowing until after work and if the snow is deep and heavy it gives me a run for my money. Take into consideration the size of your machine and how much you have to plow. JMHO Oh def get the synthetic winch rope!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just put a 60 in Eagle plow and a Warn 2500 winch with the Synthetic cable on my Polaris 500 H.O.

Now I know it won't snow any more this year

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
long hunter said:
Just put a 60 in Eagle plow and a Warn 2500 winch with the Synthetic cable on my Polaris 500 H.O.

Now I know it won't snow any more this year
I appreciate you doing that for all of us. LOL

Now, go out and buy a snowblower and it won't snow for the next 2 years!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice, I think I'm gonna go with the 60" plow. I don't have too much sidewalk, mostly driveway. I have been using my neighbors case tractor and we do most of the neighborhood when it gets deep. I'm still making some decisions on brand. I'll post when it's done and set up. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts