The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I allowed to ride my quad on the roads if there is a snow emergency. My kids are bugging me to take them out later with the heavy snow we are getting. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
If you have a plate and they declair a snow emergency,is the way it was explained to me.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a plate, so I'm Legal? My buddy said yes, but I want to check.

·
Registered
485 Posts
check with you local authorities/police not here. they have the final word on ticket/citation or not. what the "rules" are most times are LOCAL WHIM.

·
Registered
942 Posts
State law says that atvs and the like can be ridden on roads during a state of emergency.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i use mine to clear snow from the hydrants on my street, it frees up the firemen to do their job. and to help people clear out there cars. i have plates and insurance also but i dont think that makes it leagle!

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Our township allows them with plate and insurance, they are treated just like motorcycles.
I was unaware that the townships had any say over how a motor vehicle was used, I thought that was up to Penn DOT to determine.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Use of atvs/snowmobiles during a snow emergency is just for that...an emergency.
They may be utilized for emergency purposes only.
Technically once a snow emergency is instituted, no vehicles except emergency vehicles are to be on the roads with some exceptions)
A snow emergency does not give everyone with an atv/snowmobile the authority to ride on the roads.

Just an FYI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts