The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have never had insurance on any of the dirtbikes or atv's I've owned. I was wondering if $115 annually is a decent price. 3K accessories coverage. $500.00 deductible for comprehensive and collision. I can get all the figures if needed to determine if it's a good price. 2017 Sportsman 450 HO.

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have my insurance through progressive and its for 2 atv's which includes liability, if I'm not mistaken I pay around that for both however mine are 2015 sportsman and 2006 Yamaha bruin . I would call them and have them quote you a price , either way it's cheaper than a citation.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Mine is through Progressive also but it may have higher coverage amounts than I need. As long as it seems average I am fine with it. Although I'd like to get the deductibles lower.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
I'm paying Progressive $81.00 for a side by side.

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
Most companies have a min premium between $75 and $100.The premium may actually be lower but in order to get it that minimum,they may have to add coverage.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
My policy through Progressive only ran me $81 per year with liability, comprehensive, collision and disappearing deductible, starting at $100 for my UTV.
Be careful when buying a policy because if you ask for bare minimum liability coverage it still costs $75 because that is the minimum charge for their policies.

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
My policy through Progressive only ran me $81 per year with liability, comprehensive, collision and disappearing deductible, starting at $100 for my UTV.
Be careful when buying a policy because if you ask for bare minimum liability coverage it still costs $75 because that is the minimum charge for their policies.

I have 100's of ATV's insured and you're correct.Liability can literally be $10/yr but you'll still pay the min premium.I always have to keep bumping coverage up to get to the minimum in most cases.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
For ATVs only have to have liability in Pa. to be legal . Obviously you can by full coverage or anything in between if you wish . I pay $21.00 a year for my SXS for liability through State Farm .

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have home and auto through Erie and our agent can write Progressive as well. The Progressive was cheaper than the Erie coverage. It is full coverage with high limits and I got the deductibles lowered to $250.00.

·
Registered
12,347 Posts
Just recently got an ATV and haven't yet taken it off the farm. Will want to in the event of a snow emergency and will need insurance then. So I'll be following this post.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have Progressive, $75.00 a year. It covers liability to the property of others and medial . I just wanted something to protect me from a liability suit but not comprehensive since I am unlikely to have an accident with another ATV who doesn't have insurance.

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
ATV's are prone to theft and your homeowner's doesn't cover theft of an ATV.Progressive has a min premium of $75/yr but the liability is probably less than $20/yr.There's a good chance that if you call them to add at least comprehensive it will still be $75.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts