The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9th grade girl was killed this afternoon in my township. Ran down the road lost control and hit a fence. The other 9th grade girl is seriously injured.

Reminder. In PA by statute, owner of the machine is liable for injuuries caused by the driver. Some owner is in for a heck of a lawsuit. probably a half acre harry. There is a big development along that road.

Be careful out there.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Zim I hear you about litigation but for crying out loud--Parents get a hold of your kids and teach them safety and hold them to it! All to often at camp I see parents just cut their kids lose with machines they have no respect for, knowledge of safe operation, and personal protective equipment. ATVs are not built to be run full tilt up public roads by kids with no idea that they will not live forever. I am an Occupational Safety Professional and see that some adults simply have no sense of safety for themselves and more than likely don't teach their children.

Kinzua Man

·
Registered
942 Posts
Do you know if they were wearing helmets? My guess is no. The parents should be in jail right now.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Half acre Harry: Usually a reference to anyone who ownes a small parcel of property. Perhaps less than one acre. Or it could be more than that in certain circumstances.

The term is usually used by those who own land in quantities greater than 5 acres when referring to those who own land less then they do. It's more of a psychological empowerment when those who own more land than those who don't, get on to a post and yap about how hard it is to own the land.

IMHO, sell it.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts