The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an ATV battery that i dont have to replace every 2 years.

Are there any companys that make a heavy duty battery???

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I've always gotten at least 4 years out of Interstate atv batteries, but the atv's stay in the garage which never gets below 40' and I run my atv's year round.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last two batteries were Interstate both lasted two years to the month. My ATV is also used year round but stored in an unheated garage.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Do you use a battery tender? I don't use them but I've heard they work, might be cheaper then replacing batteries since you're having issues

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I was going thru batteries and last year, took it to the deal and he tested the atv. There was a corroded wire that was preventing the battery from being charged.

Might be worth looking into having the charging system tested.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What kind of quad? I always had really good luck with Yuosa (spelling) batteries. Replaced my stock Yuosa with one with higher cranking amps(Yuosa also)in 2005 and still have in my quad.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
The stock battery in my mule 610 was junk. I replaced it with a gel battery for the Harley Davidson V-Rod. I've had it in almost four years now with no problems. The mule is stored outside, under a picnic pavilion. In the winter, I have it plugged in to a cheap battery tender.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
X2 on the battery tender. If there is no electical outlet nearby then get a solar tender. Batteries last 5 or 6 years plus. My lawn tractor is on it's 5th summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts