The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Attention Youth hunters- Free guided hunt giveaway

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  stackbarrel 
#1 ·
Attention youth hunters age 12-16

As I'm sure a lot of you have seen and taken part in we have been running several benefit auctions for a young lady battling cancer. One of these auctions was for a 3 day fully guided Spring Turkey Hunt in Susquehanna County with Members Stackbarrel and huntinbeast. As the winning bidder of one of these hunts I would like to offer this hunt to any licensed youth hunter between the ages of 12-16.

Hunt description from Stackbarrel: 1 hunter ( 1 parent or guardian also) in Susquehanna County. 1 gobbler/hunter. Hunter must have all licenses and tags. Guide will be provided. Lodging info will be available to the hunter. The first week of the season is unavailable, rest of the season is open. Huntinbeast (Bob Rinaldi) and Stackbarrel are running the hunt with Bob as the main guide.
If they hunt early season, of course the hunts will be 1/2 days. The hunts will take place on private land in S.C. Susquehanna Co. The farm is within a few miles from Elk Mountain Ski Resort. There are B&B's and a hotel near the hunting area. BTW, if they have a camper, motor home, pop-up, etc, we have electric hook-ups here at our range and they can hook up for free.
Depending when they choose to hunt, huntinbeast will be the main guide. He lives minutes from the farm and scouts it almost every day. If the hunt is on weekdays, I will be there too. We own a sporting clays range and May is booked solid with events on weekends!! A 12-16 year old would have a riot hunting here. If he/she never killed a gobbler before, this will be the place to score!! I killed the 1st bird of the season there last year and had over 20 birds in the field in front of me with 10 of them longbeards!!

One parent or guardian is welcome to accompany the lucky hunter and enjoy the action or possibly shoot video!!!

Of course time is of the essence here as we have just a few weeks to put this together and get a young man or young woman a crack at a memorable hunting experience that they will never forget!!

Please post a short 1-2 sentences or a picture as to why you would like to be the one chosen for this hunt. Parents feel free to post on behalf of your youngster. Myself and several Mods will review the submissions and choose a winner on the evening of April 19th. This should give sufficient time to make plans and coordinate with the guides to make this one heckuva great experience for a young hunter!! All I ask for in return is a full hunt report posted here with some pictures of a smiling young hunter

Big thanks got to Stackbarrel and Huntinbeast for making this opportunity available!!

Thanks and good luck to all

See less See more
#2 ·
This is awesome guys! I will put my sons name in, he is 13 years old, I'm trying to get him involved with the great outdoors. I'm trying to get that fire burning in him that burns in us all! He has never turkey hunted before. He has deer hunted but has never killed a deer or seen a deer while hunting. This would be a great opportunity for him to see some wildlife!

#3 ·
WOW...amazing how kindness spurs on even more kindness around here. God Bless Bonz...best of luck to all involved in this hunt. Wish i was 12-16 in more ways than one..LOL..look forward to following this one, OK i'll shut up now.

#6 ·
very generous of you
my son would love a chance at winning this
His favorite hunt all year is spring gobbler,and he practices a lot with his calling.He's been out scouting and hasn't been able to locate any birds at our normal spots this year.

#12 ·
Well with only a few entries it was very tough to make a choice based on anything in particular so each entry was assigned 3 separate numbers which were put in a hat and one # chosen.

With that Hunterdave was drawn and will get the opportunity to take his son on this hunt. Dave , I'd ask that you please take lots of pictures and give us a full report of the hunt!!!

Congrats to you and your son and best of luck!!!!

#20 ·
Big thanks to stackbarell and huntingbeast! This time spent with my son was priceless! For him to see all of Mother Nature had to offer was great! We saw pheasant, deer, turkeys and fox. He got to hear coyotes barking at dusk, and I was ably to enjoy it with him. Thanks again guys and hope to see you guys again.

#21 ·
It was a pleasure meeting you and DJ!! Glad you guys had a good time. You are welcome to come back to hunt/shoot/fish anytime!! You guys will score gobblers up here! Prayers for your wife forthcoming!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.