The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
12,129 Posts
Few, if any submachine "bring backs" like the one mentioned above, come with valid ATF registrations, amnesty papers or any other documents that would allow them to be legally possessed. Not even by the original "owner".

Knew a feller that managed to bring an AK back from Vietnam in the late 60s. It will never be able to be legally possessed, let alone legally transfered under ATF regs.

Anyone that owns, sells or buys such a firearm, is subject to severe penalties, the least of which will be loss of their firearms rights.

· Registered
299 Posts
I am not sure how he was able to bring it home. My father had some weapons he captured in Vietnam however they were confiscated by the U.S. Government before he could leave the country of Vietnam.

I would not want to get caught with an illegal automatic weapon unless you want to spend some time in Federal Prison. Of course if you are a drug dealer you would probably just get off with a slap on the wrist.

· Registered
12,129 Posts
Many small arms were brought or sent home, during and after WWII. My dad and several of his buddies sent brand new VZ24 rifles back home. Disassembled them, shipped 'em home in wooden boxes. One can only assume many German submachine guns were sent home the same way?

An now-deceased gunsmith I knew, mailed dozens and dozens of M98 actions back to PA after the war was over, the same way. He built sporters on them for years. The M98 I got from a contractor I worked for, came home after WWII in his duffle bag.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.