The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
okie dokie, with the new info posted here and the correct argument being made, i now think they should have to rescind the WS title if they cheated during that game.
if they can positively identify who cheated, player or manager, they must be removed from baseball in any form for life...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sorry I got the pitch wrong. Cole was not on the 2017 Astros team.
Do yourself a favor and youtube Altuve's home run trot. Watch him wave to his teammates to NOT ripoff his jersey. Don't want the whole world see that buzzer. Seriously, i hit a homer to put my team in the Series, I could care less what parts of my uni got ripped off.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
ok...i looked into this and apparently the scandal involves what MLB is calling cheating. the astros allegedly stole "signs" from other teams using technology for at least two years ?

i took that to mean they know whats coming when the other teams signal to the players. like tapping your nose twice and wiping your hat signals something and now the Astros know what that means.

thats not cheating. its no different than someone taking your photo even if you dont want them to and its legal because you are out in public, the courts said this is ok.
so, if MLB is doing this in public and the Astros film it or capture it and study it and learn from it...whats so different ? they did it in public and the Astros paid attention.

Boo-Hoo

Major League Baseball specifically issued a memorandum to teams about the use of technology to steal signs. This was prior to the Astros situation. Someone had on an Apple Watch in the dugout, that prompted the memo. There is no room for misinterpretation as to what the rules were.

It is different than taking your photo in public. There is no "law" against that. The MLB rules (and NFL) specifically say it is not allowed. So in the MLB and NFL universe, it absolutely is "against the law".

Stealing signs in real-time by watching with your eyes and figuring out the code is not illegal. There is nothing in the rule books that say anything about that. Use of cameras, radios, and other technologies is specifically not allowed

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
dont MLB and NFL teams video the games and the teams watch them and learn from them right ? if so..why would capturing signs / signals be any different.

oh well, it doesnt really affect me anyway. cant stand pro sports.
Astros were cheating real time....not preparing with film.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I think they all cheat to some extent, some get caught but most never will! Agree with the juiced ball, homerun records will mean next to nothing!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts