The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the .22 needed sighted in. went to the range and placed a sight and see target on a box at about 10 yards. fired a few shots and they all hit about the same spot, good windage, but low. well I kept adjusting up until I hit the center of target. moved the box out to 25 yards. first shot high and right, continued to make adjustment until just above the bullseye, then moved out to 35 yards and the shots were all over the place, high right, low etc. rifle was on sandbags and solid. scope should be solid, okay I said should and will check but it was just boresighted and I believe the gunsmith said all was tight. barrel was clean when started and all the ammo was from the same box. why would it jump around like that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
what kind of gun? Post some <span style="text-decoration: underline">details</span> of everything involved including any changes you made between distances.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depending on the scope you are using you are having a parallax issue.....IF nothing else changed.

My guess with limited info.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
It may just be a bad scope.It did have to be adjusted way up fairly close.If you have open sights try them.Try removing the scope then turn the elevation all the way one way.Then turn back the other way and count the clicks.Ajust it back to half the clicks.Do the same for windage.Remount the scope tightening the screws in a cross type fashion evenly.Put a big target at 15 yards.Make sure the gun can't move,take one shot,turn the adjustments until they are on the hole you just made.Aim at the bullseye and shoot.If you hit it you may be okay,try again a few more times.You may need to tap lightly on the adjusters to settle them in prior to the first shot after adjusting.My guess is you have a cheap scope walking around on you.This might correct it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts