The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out the best way to get my mother into the passenger side of my truck . She's 79 , uses a walker and has one artificial leg . She can get up on the running board , but can't turn around to sit down . The lift assist running boards are too costly . Should I just get some type of portable platform steps ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated .

·
Administrator
28,507 Posts
If you've ever had to stretch to reach something on the top shelf of your kitchen cabinets, to change a light bulb in the bathroom, or maybe when you were recovering from something that keeps you from climbing into somebody's pickup, you probably wished they made little one step aluminum step ladders.
So my daughter says " No need to buy or build anything, I got ya covered".
A couple of nights later she walks in and hands me the ladder. It's about ten inches tall, it's aluminum so it don't weigh a pound, and it's rock solid when you step up on it,
I ask her where she got it and she told me that she was given a choice of an electric fry pan, Tupperware, or the ladder, when she was opening a new account. I don't believe I've ever seen a bank give away anything this useful before.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys , but steps are definitely out with her fake leg . Her balance just isn't what it used to be . But a low box the height of my running boards just may be the ticket . Just has to be wide enough for her to turn around and sit down in the seat . Time for Grandma to be a guinney pig for a prototype ! LOL !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts