The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting with my daughter since she was ten years old. Starting with the youth mentor hunts for deer and turkey we put our time in the field and had some fantastic encounters and some missed opportunity. Now that she's twelve I worked extra hard scouting and researching for several good hunting spots and last night it finally paid off. At approximately 6pm after she had doubted my scouting and was getting itchy to move, I reassured her and jokingly said in about ten minutes or so you'll see deer just stay sharp. The deer did not dissapoint and kept their appointment making me look like I really did have them patterned that well or I was some sort of prophet. they came to the edge on a trot and i bleated to stop them and they stopped at the field corner. my daughter took careful aim at the lead doe took her safety off and squeezed the trigger< I then reminded her that she may want to cock the hammer first! moments passed she steadied herself and took the shot, the deer went strait down and after my best tiger woods fist pumping impersonation and several high fives and some reassurance that we both were not dreaming. we hugged and thanked god for the moment we'd just shared. I've immagined that moment since the first time she put on camo and expressed an interest in hunting I'm so proud of Her. Its gonna be a while before the smile comes off either of our faces!
Here Are the picks the distance was about 150+ yards

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Congrats to the young lady!! Good job to dad also,glad to see the scouting paid off. I was beside my ten year old daughter last year when she shot her first deer,it will be a time you will both remember forever!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
id make her scout with me, thats half the fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts