The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start building some arrows...does anyone know where I can get some shafts...was looking for beman shafts and went to a few sites and they are not too cheap...any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Bemans are one of the most reasonably priced shafts along with the Gold Tip Hunters. We sell about an equal amount of each. Putting together your own arrows can be fun and give you the satisfaction of knowing you shot a deer with an arrow you built yourself but if you are just starting out and have to buy everything to get started the savings over buying already fletched shafts will be minimal.

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
The bigger plus to doing my own fletching for me is that when I booger up a vane or whatever, I can repair that arrow myself and get it back in action in relatively short amounts of time rather than have to take a bunch to be refletched to a shop.

Since I changed from 4" vanes to 2" Fusions, though, the vanes don't take such a beating.

·
Registered
21,016 Posts
Archery experts and cabelas are a good place to get shafts.However,I'd rather support a local pro shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts