The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of switching to carbon express reds, I've always been an Easton guy. Just wondering if anyone has any input

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I tried the Red's a few years ago and thought they shot excellent. They didn't perform any better than the Maxima Hunter's I was shooting at the time, however.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I guess you just have to decide what your goals are...?

I am a firm believer in the FMJ's. Not the flattest shooting thing out there, and they CAN take a bend if they take a hard hit, but dang....they just bull through a lot of stuff and penetrate so deep.

I've shot several deer with them, and they just blow through like the deer wasn't even there.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Im a firm gold tip believer, i use the pro hunters for a long time, same dozen for six years and killed multiple deer with the same arrow. Now i have the kineic kaos arrows and i really like them, fly good and durable.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Gold Tip here to, same arrows as aswallace. . Although, I get them at Bass pro for less. Gold Tip makes the same arrows for BP but puts the BP name on them. NO,,,, they are not seconds, so.... Either the BP X1 Pro’s or the BP MX6’s. BTW, GT customer service can not be beat, take my word for it.

Good luck.

Chaos USMC

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Imma Gold tip guy to... they are tough as nails, and the only time I broke one was after years of use, hitting a boulder, or jamming them into a tree. I use the Hunter 300's. at 79 a dozen, they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ive have shot the Reds before. I really liked them. When I first switched to CX I shot the Blue Streak Selects.. Then I shot the reds.. IMO, the reds are the best all around hunting arrow CX makes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts