The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That big brown box came today with my new tornado.The crossbow looks fantastic,can't wait to get some shots fired. thanks

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You will like the Tornado. Stop back and give us a report, after you get some shots through it. If you have any questions or need help, just give me a call. That's what I'm here for.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you will be getting a call from one of my friends for the same package,but he wants one of the new scopes.See ya.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
X-finder...Welcome to HPA, we got a Tornado last year, and plan to get another Parker crossbow this year to further arm my troops and get more out there.

My 12 year old son and I both dropped does (his was a button buck actually) last year with ours set-up by Arrowhead. So it fits a wide range of hunters nicely without adjustment. They went 15-20 paces post-shot and they were both down for the count, exactly what I wanted in accuracy for us, both shots were under 20 yards out of a ladder stand.

My one tip, practice out to 45, but keep it under 35 when it comes time to take a life. You will love that crossbow, I did a big writeup on shooting ours in for the first time last year... I found it will drop a about an inch a yard after 20 or so.

Did you get the Hawke multi-recticle ?? If so increment it at 10 yards (we did 15, 25,35,45) and you should be shooting it great in no time.

See ya in the success forums in October. Best of luck with the new weapon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,I have bowhunted since I was 12 and now at 42 need to go to the crossbow because of shoulder surgery. Looking forward to trying something different.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
You don't have to justify the use to me..I was a long time off and on archer and I didn't have any surgery or anything like that, I just used one last year "just because it was hoot to shoot!!" , Loved every second of it and am looking forward to 2010 ALOT!!

Enjoy your season and your Tornado

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
Welcome to the club and HPA!! Glad you made the connection here and give us the range report when you get some shooting in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far,I have shot 5 arrows from my new Tornado. Three with 100 grain field pts. #1 2" left at 20yds moved sight #2 dead center 20yds. #3 moved to 50yds. almost dead center.Screwed a 100 grain Wasp 3 blade sst broadhead on then shot #4 at 20yds same results as field point #5 40yds w/same broadhead arrow same hole as 20yds. I am impressed to say the least. Thanks for getting me set up arrowhead. Victory arrows with 2in fusions vanes workin great.

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
If you shoot a little more at the same point you will call Arrowhead again for more Victory arrows.I helped test them for Arrowhead in my Excalibur.When I reported the results to him he already knew what the results would be.I didn't actually test them I did a verification process.He had already tested them.Those arrows are killer.Arrowhead strives to sell the best he can.He works extra hard and spends money so we don't have to.Nice guy in my opinion.I think everyone that shoots a crossbow should take his arrow advice.Again I don't spend your money,you do so you decide.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Wasp Jak Hammer SST is the only mechanical we stock in the store. Use two rubber bands.
X-finder, It was my pleasure. Let me know if you need anything or have questions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts