The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
So a deer that would usually survive a bad hit with a broad head, now will more than likely die because of the severity of a gun shot would.

I also want to see how these guys have their bows set up to compensate for such a huge amount of weight forward.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is not anything new except the bow part. All that is is a bang stick using an arrow instead of a pole. Scuba divers have been using those things for decades. They wouldn't be legal in PA now and I don't see them as being legal any time in the future.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
These are a definite NO NO for the SE Pa bowhunter who trespasses. No more being stealthy with a gun shot going off at impact.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
This reminds me of that old saying "Just because something can be done, does not mean that it should be done."
I don't like it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I'm thinkin Gator hunting would be a blast with those.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I can already here the posts. "So there I was. Only shot I had was right up the exit ramp but I knew my new (enter current trendy favorite bow) and my exploding rack em back broadheads would do the job every time. When the broadhead exploded it sounded like a wet cannon. Splattered guts all over the understory. Made for a short tracking job and a butcher's nightmare but hey, I got him, right?"

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
Yep old tech resurrected for another generation.

Some folks never saw a Stallone movie.

Know a guy who found some old hollow aluminum arrows and realized that they could be filled with powder and a shot gun primer fit snug in the front end. He was shooting the things against a brick wall and thinking it was great fun, till his prize hunting dog got cut up with shrapnel. Bubba is as Bubba does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts