The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested crossbow arrows.I used an Excalibur Exocet 200 for testing and 2 people shot the bow.Arrows tested were Firebolts,GT2 Laser Gold tips and Victory.Based on testing you can throw away any Firebolts you own.I have no idea how Excalibur tested and recommends them.To the point here GT's flew okay but the tightest groups were by far with Victory arrows with 2" vanes.I tried them with 4" vanes and lost a 1/4" at all ranges which happens to be 20-30 and 40 yards verified with a quality laser range finder.If I had Gt arrows already I would keep them.The Victory arrow would be the best to replace them with.The Victory arrows hit directly where intended the Gt arrows were off but may still kill a deer.If anyone wants my Firebolts pay the shipping and they are yours.I'm going to get some Victory arrows with 2" vanes.The accuracy of the Victory trumps the other 2 I tested.As a side note the GT's don't hit to point of aim at 40 yards.They were low and that was unexpected.The Victory arrows grouped at 1 3/8" at 40 yards.That works for me.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm going to be ordering Victory arrows from arrowhead shortly. He highly recommends them and it's good to see your tests confirm it. Can't wait to shoot them from my new Terminator!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I tested them .......not even close to old gt2s ....both my buddy and i tried several different vanes/weights ..i shoot a exocet 200 he shoots a relayer. both bows big wide open groups. at all yardages. they may weight the same[gpi] as old gtlazer2s they dont fly like them. i glad that they work for you....by buddy has some for sale!!!! 12 total

·
Registered
645 Posts
That's kinda weird, (unofficial)word is the victory's ARE the old gt's? Something about how they bought the stuff or something? Read that on A.T. a while ago anyway.....

·
Registered
615 Posts
Im in the process of building my next group of bolts.....when there done...ill try them...take photos...show results...i know what my old gt2s can do...Triple banana....lets see what the new ones will do... that would be vapors...made by gold tip......not victory in carisbacl ca made in Orem Utah...home of gold tip ill put money on these bolts........

·
Registered
523 Posts
Right after i got my exocet with gt's, I ordered a dozen more to make myself. Well I quickly found that they changed the diameter from 343 to 336 so I found my reason as to why mine were not as good as the old ones. I got a parker tornado and they do not want any arrows under 344 shot in their crossbows, In their manual. So I sold them and got VICTORY'S and they shoot good in all my friends bows too.
Stant

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my testing very seriously.I am giving a fair report of my findings.I trust no one on here is calling me or my friend of 38 years liars.The Victory arrows work in an Excaliber Exocet 200.We shot from a bench with no mechanical help from any shooting vise.My friend stated the fact he liked most about Victory arrows is they hit the point of aim better than the others tested.Over 2" better than GT's actually.More than that with Firebolts.Those were at 40 yards.At 30 as one would assume it was less.If someone has an arrow for my bow that can group better than 1 3/8ths at 40 yards I need to see it in person not in photos.I have photos but didn't post them because a photo(still shot) can be taken at 10 yards and passed off as 40 yards.I wanted to avoid critisism.If anyone replying to this post actually sells archery products please speak up and show your face instead of hiding behind a screen name and disclaiming my findings.Those that find the info helpful believe me Victory arrows do work.As I said free Firebolts if you cover shipping.I won't pay you to take them I'll throw them away first.Maybe someone needs them to unload a bow.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I also love the victory's. I tested a batch from Arrowhead for the tornado. Best I have ever shot.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I have to test them in an Ibex I just got in. If they do what I think they will, we will be releasing the Victory for the Excaliburs. They've shot amazing in every bow we tested them in. (including the regular arrows in vertical bows).

One of the reasons we haven't tested the Vapor shafts is that they are spined .500 and rated at 95-200 lbs. When we build arrows we have to build them for everyone. At a 200 lb. rating I feel they aren't suited to the Exomax and Equinox and they are at the upper limit for the Vortex and Exocet 200. They also don't come with brass inserts and if you add weight to the front of the shaft it has the effect of lessening the spine. A very dangerous combination in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Diablo666, im not calling you a liar... My friend didnt get these bolts from Arrowhead! i had him take apart 2 of these bolt to try to explain the reason for the groups .one of these bolts had a alloy insert...one had a brass insert... that might explain why they didnt group right! couldnt figure why any of them wouldnt shoot the same....makes sense now!! he is currently taking them apart to rebuild!! he called the company he bought them at and they said they would send him new inserts{brass]. there fletched with 4" duravanes right now. so maybee Arrowhead makes them right!! lesson learned! im going to go through this all again......hopefully with your end results!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would tend to agree being misbuilt would cause an open group.If the same thing happens again you need to check the bows you are using for loose components.Just so you know if the Victory arrows shot bad I would be the first to state that fact.I would not come in here and recommend that someone purchase something unsatisfactory.I don't want to be the cause of anyone wasting money or worse yet wounding an animal due to my statements.I wish you luck secret.I think you will find they work well if built correctly.Reading Arrowheads statement about spine would make me a little concerned about the Vapor shafts.I'm not an arrow builder though.I have enough to do that I consider work already.You may want to try the 2" vanes though they shot a little tighter than the 4" for me.When I test I mark the arrows in case I get a flyer.Then I know if it is a certain arrow.Been doing that since I was a kid and bought arrows at a department store.Threw quite a few arrows away that just had something wrong with them you couldn't detect.I still don't understand how Excalibur can make such a fine crossbow and recommend the Firebolts to use.All the arrows tested would have killed a deer at 20 yards.After that is when changes began.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
i am curious is this arrow for the excaliber crossbows. the gt2s i got from arrowhead group incredible out of my parker. i can't imagine any better groups but hey i'm open to improvements

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That question would be best answered by Arrowhead.He tests everything before he sells it to anyone.He is a Parker dealer so I'm sure he will answer you.It was mentioned earlier it worked great in every bow tested though.I was testing an arrow for performance to 40 yards and less.Most of the spots I hunt you can't shoot 40 yards but knowing your bow can may seal the deal on that certain day.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
i got my xbow and bolts from arrowhead. i can't imagine it shooting any better than it is now. i keep my shots to 30 yds or less. most deer i have shot have been inside of 20 yds.

i was just curious cause last year the gts were the best now its the victorys but i think i'm pretty happy with the gts. maybe they will go down in price

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
what components are you using as to inserts, nocks and vanes....i dumped my firebolts in a heartbeat and went to easton XX75 camo hunters in 2117 i had from my compound....i'm getting poa out to 50 yds with BH's....i'm not a big fan of carbon arrows "yet" .............bob

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Taterdavid,
We worked on this arrow off and on since last July. When I had time I would try something new on it. The Gold Tips shot great in the Parker, but I still looked for something better. I found it in the Victory. We are getting amazing groups in the Tornado with it (better than the G/T Laser II). It is slightly slower at the barrel (in f.p.s.) but it is faster downrange as compared to the G/T Laser II. Unfortunately, almost everything has gone up in price this year and the popularity of the G/T isn't helping it's price.

Bob1961, we are using Victory X-Bolt shafts, 110 grain brass inserts and 2.1 Fusion vanes from Norway.(2 degree offset) Half moon nocks are supplied, if you need flat nocks you will need to buy the G/T flat nocks.

All of our arrows are built for 100 grain points.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Good info arrowhead. I'll be needing new arrows sometime soon so I guess I may have to try them

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
arrowhead said:
Bob1961, we are using Victory X-Bolt shafts, 110 grain brass inserts and 2.1 Fusion vanes from Norway.(2 degree offset)
how does the offset work on a crossbow arrow from the rail channel??? mine are fletched straight out of my exocet 200...........bob

1 - 20 of 27 Posts