The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the talk and the posts on anchor points - got me thinking of another very common question that I do not know the "proper" answer too...

In relationship to the nock point on the string - do you place your arrown above or below the nocking point and why?

I have read in books - instructions to do it both ways - usually I place my arrown above the nocking point?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mine is above, but I forget just how far...I have a couple wraps of dental floss as an indicator. I experimented and studied my arrow flight to mark it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Most of my bows have a tied on double nock set. The ones that have only one nock,I put the arrow under because when I'm on stand with my finger on the arrow,the arrow won't slide up the string

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
always place mine below the nocking point,logic would make you think putting it above could cause the arrow to travel or creep up the string during the moment of truth on release.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've always used one nock with the arrow below. Bob Morrison told me to use two nocks so the arrow is in the same place regardless. Too close to the season for me to make changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts