The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw POst. but lost it. I think It would be great to have a search engine on the site. Can anyone provide me with some decent area's to possibly take the misses to do a little arrowhead hunting along the River.?????? What area's I have found a couple bird points in greencastle along stull road. in a farm field However after seeing the gentlemans collection from the susquehana river I was speachless..

·
Registered
224 Posts
i used to look on the hill island below harrisburg and on the river bank below pp&l power plant. i forget the road thqat follows the river but there was an incampment there. I also found a spot in the middle of the river where we foound alot of tools. Remember the river did not look then as it does today. It was a series of water runs flowing together. I met a elementry teacher that was up on the way indians lived and where. His collection was over 20,000 peices. Hope this helped

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I ditto Loggy-----my kids love going there--its just a few miles down the road for us.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You van also try the Isle of Q near Selinsgrove. My wife's family has found LOTS there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts