The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since French Creek went out of business who is everyone using in this area for arrow building.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Might be time to get a cut-off saw and fletcher and make up your own. If your making up hunting arrows with 2 inch Blazer type vanes it's hard to beat the Arizona E-Z Fletcher for easy to use.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
My last purchase was through local ebay. Axis 300s. IIRC it was like $140 shipped for the dozen. Fletched and crested.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lancaster Archery Supply would be a good place to check.

I haven't bought any assembled arrows in a long time. Usually just shafts & assemble them myself.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
You could also try Kinsey`s outside Elizabethtown. They deal with a guy that does fletching for them. Not sure if they make arrows or not. You can call them and ask. They maybe able to help you find someone.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I buy shafts when I can at the local archery shop. If they don't have bare shafts what I use (Easton Hexx) I pick a few up that are fletched. Peel off the plastic vanes with a potato peeler and use aceton to clean off the residue. Why? 99% of fletch arrows have a right offset, most of compound bows the arrow come's off the string spinning left so I fletch my arrows with a left helical. Does it make a difference? My mind is at peace knowing my set up match's the bow. Meaning arrow comes off the string wants to rotate left so I fletch my vanes with left helical or off set.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I buy shafts when I can at the local archery shop. If they don't have bare shafts what I use (Easton Hexx) I pick a few up that are fletched. Peel off the plastic vanes with a potato peeler and use aceton to clean off the residue. Why? 99% of fletch arrows have a right offset, most of compound bows the arrow come's off the string spinning left so I fletch my arrows with a left helical. Does it make a difference? My mind is at peace knowing my set up match's the bow. Meaning arrow comes off the string wants to rotate left so I fletch my vanes with left helical or off set.
I always fletch mine right helical because I'm a Republican and most Democrats tend to lean to the left helical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts